Where was I going with this again? Oh, right. It's Halloween!
This means that the most happening clubs in Kuala Lumpur will be throwing Halloween themed parties this weekend. If you are like me and have not prepared your outfit yet, you might want to start googling places to rent from.
Here are a few tips to bare in mind when selecting your costumes for a night of party clubbing:
1. No wings or big props. Imagine turning in a circle and knocking down everything around you including your friend's Flaming Lamborghini. Yup, that will make a great memory to remember Halloween by.
2. Shoes are a must. Even if you are coming dressed as a hobo, always include SHOES as part of your costumes. To share April Augustin (one of the brains behind Zouk's awesome parties)'s experience, "It's not safe to go shoeless in the club. One year we had a group of zombies who came in full character and we told them to go back to their cars and grab their shoes." Simply put, clubs are where girls strut around in sky-high heels, cigarette butts are flaked to the ground and glasses are sometimes scattered. Enough said.
3. No big bags. Is that your overnight bag dancing with you? No, I don't care if it is a part of the costume or that you got your handphone, Ipad, camera, makeup set, change of clothes and extra pair of shoes in there. No big bags to crowded clubs and this should be applied to every time you go clubbing. Not only are you an easy target for pickpocketing, your big trusty bag will probably annoy someone enough to push you into a drain.
4. The right underwear. Odds are you are going to be dancing and moving about a lot so be sure to wear the right undergarments (design and colour-wise) to go with your attire. We don't want to see your camel toe or even your neon coloured bra or Calvin Klein boxers.
5. Play the part. If you have gone through all the hassle to do yourself up like a particular character, then why not just embody the character and have fun with it? After all, it's just for one night. Let loose and don't shy away from the camera.
So where are you partying this weekend?
I for one will be heading over to Zouk KL on 27 Oct, Sat for its infamous Halloween party. Last year's party was themed 'Nightmare before Halloween' and it was awesome! Have a look-see here if you don't believe me.
This year's theme is Skull Island so expect many versions of Jack Sparrow and adult-rated Ariel the Little Mermaid. Zouk KL has a whole night of fun and entertainment lined up so hope to see you there!
|WTF, Snake Enchanters?? |
(source: Zouk KL)
|The treasure hunt between 9 - 10pm. |
(source: Zouk KL)
Free entry to anyone in full Halloween costume. Judgment will be passed by the Captain of the Ship
TICKET ENTRY: RM48 Ladies / RM58 Men (inc 1 drink)
BOTTLE ENTRY: RM373 / 4pax (Before 11pm)
RESERVATIONS*: Please call 03-2171 2075 (12pm - 6pm) or 0163323191 (after 6pm)
*applicable to 21 yrs old and above
113, Jalan Ampang