To say I am an adrenaline junkie is an understatement. I would say I am a person whose motto(s) in life is try everything, leave no room for regret or do first, think later or never try, never know or do it now or miss the chance. So basically, my philosophy in life is YOLO! (please don't kill me!)
It just so happens that everything I have done (sky-jumping off the Auckland tower, off-roading, racing, paintballing, jet-skiing, trapezing) or want to do in life (scuba-diving, backpacking, bungy-jumping, Tough Mudder) involves being in the great outdoors and involves adrenaline....Okay, so I am an adrenaline junkie. Which was why when my friend invited me for SkyTrex-ing in Bukit Cerakah forest reserve, Shah Alam, I was all 'YOLO!' (I can hear guns clicking...okay, I'll stop the YOLO-ing!)
|At the entrance.|
|Briefing instructor - funny guy.|
|Making it look effortless.|
|Sis posing for camera.|
|Extreme Challenge finishers.|
1. Bringing a big camera is not impossible although you might smash it into a tree during the flying fox so just be careful.
2. Gloves and a good pair of sport shoes goes a long way.
3. Listen to the instructors and do chat with them. Being up there alone must be so boring at times.
4. Look out for the instructions on how to place your carabiners and pulley before tackling the challenges. There are two ways to put them on so check!
5. A bottle of water is recommended as it can get hot and exhausting up there. Bottle holders can be rented at RM5.
6. If you can't complete the challenge, opt for the Chicken Exit. Seriously, don't hold up the people behind you if you can't get your nerves together.
7. Check your carabiners and pulley before setting off to ensure they are usable.
8. Online bookings are recommended at all times. No minimum number of pax required.
Prices for Skytrex challenges are:
Little Adventure (LA) - RM 35.00
Big Thrill (BT) - RM 45.00
Extreme Challenge (XT) - RM 55.00
Saturdays, Sundays and some Public Holidays.
From 8.30am onwards.
For more information or to make bookings, head over to their website, Skytrex Adventure.
For a sense of my experience there, check out my album here.
*****And speaking of being adventurous and trying everything out for the first time, I am taking part in the Big Blog Exchange, a worldwide competition where 16 bloggers will be selected to exchange blogs whilst living out that blogger's life in their country for ten whole days!
So if you think I have what it takes to weave a story of a new life experience from the other side of the globe, vote for me at the link below:
PS: I do not represent BN or DAP so votes here will not influence the outcome of the coming 13th General Elections.
Read, vote, share and have a cookie!