So here is my team's checklist for Viper 2Four:
- Storage boxes for spare clothes and shoes.
- Mats - rattan and yoga mats
- fold-able camping chair + table
- Ice box for food drinks
- Post-race spare clothes
- Water bottle
- Garbage bags
- Cards to keep you entertained.
- Battery operated fan.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Garbage bags
- Medication and pills (panadol, deep heat etc etc)
Food and drinks
- Roasted Sweet potatos
- 4 x 2l bottles of water
- 6 x isotonic bottles
- 12 hard boiled eggs (3 per person)
- 6 Strongbow ciders.. (don't ask)
- Electrolytes tablets
- Energy gels
- 3 pairs of trail/OCR shoes + socks
- 4 change of race attire
- 1 windbreaker/water-resistant jacket
- Spiel belt for your gels or camera
- Spare glasses (in case you lose it in a pool of water)
- Towels (also doubles as blankets)
Basically we thought of everything we needed to make our rest time as comfortable as possible. I am pleased to announce that there was nothing on this list that we regretted bringing nor did we have that 'damn, I forgot to bring it!' or 'damn, we should have brought that thing!' moments. Even when a thunderstorm stuck the race site, we didn't have to worry about our clothes as it was all safely stored in plastic containers. We even slept mighty well in our little tent.
If anything, I regretted not sharing this list with my bootcamp friends because in the end we had too much food between our three competing teams to finish. Of course it always pays to know the surrounding of your race site in case of last minute needs.
This was just the list I had for Viper 2Four. If you have anymore recommendations to share, do let me know in the comment box below.