Offering just that, the newly opened Spa Ceylon in NU Sentral KL lets shoppers bring home the spa treatment of their choice to help them pamper and de-stress the day away. All packed up in convenient elegant bottles or boxed, Spa Ceylon offers the natural well-being rituals derived from the royal treatment, rejuvenations and healing rituals of luxury Ayurveda though its variety of products and ranges suitable for the body, mind and soul.
And when I say variety, I mean all 450 of it.
Founded in May 2009 by brothers Shiwantha Dias and Shalin Balasuriya, Spa Ceylon combines an age-old Ayurveda formula and only the finest natural ingredients in its products. Heck, it's so natural and chemical-free, you can even consume it. Only...don't.
Now, each and everyone of their products has been carefully created and formulated to suit three kinds of Doshas which are:
- Vatha Dosha - Tend to be more on the fragile side and lean. This constituency leads to people with the Vatha characteristics to have dry scalp and hair with rough, wrinkled and sometimes cracked skin.
- Pitha Dosha – Those with Putha characteristics tend to be strong and are usually medium body types. They have weak and thinning hair, light skin that freckles and gets sun burnt easily.
- Kapha Dosha – Those with dominant Kapha characteristics tend to be more on the larger boned side. They generally have soft and thick hair, skin consistence that is more oily, smooth and moist.
Ayurveda specialises in starting and encouraging the healing process of the body, mind and soul setting it on its way to recovery. Covering head to toe, Spa Ceylon's product ranges vary from treatment oil, essential oil, massage balms, body lotions to foot care and herbal compresses. Its most popular ranges are the Sleep therapy, Peace Collection and also its award winning White range.
- Sleep Therapy – Designed to promote tranquil slumber for a much needed restful sleep, the Sleep Therapy range uses Cananga Blossom or Ylang-Ylang, also known as bunga kenanga in Malaysia, which help calm fear and anxiety, slows rapid breathing and even helps reduce high blood pressure. Other ingredients in the Sleep range also include pure lavender for relaxation, patchouli for its soothing effects as well as orange and lemon to restore the balance of the senses.
- Peace Collection – The Peace Collection range was launched in partnership with non-profit movement Mother Sri Lanka to celebrate the peace and calm of Sri Lanka. Infused with organic lemongrass and herbs, the Peace Collections aims to de-stress, calm and relax the senses to help the busy mind find peace and tranquillity. 10% of sales from this range is also given to the community projects that are designed to rehabilitate people and areas damaged by war in Sri Lanka.
All products are available at Spa Ceylon NU Sentral Kuala Lumpur. For more information please visit http://store.spaceylon.com.