2 cups of Basmathi rice, washed and drained
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoon of dried prawns, soaked in hot water and drained
8 fresh red chillies, deseeded
5 bird’s eye chillies
2 cups of water
1 ½ teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Place the onion, garlic, soaked dried prawns, red chillies and bird’s eye chillies into the Philips food processor.
2. Process the ingredients until coarsely chopped.
3. Place all the chopped ingredients into the Philips Pressure Cooker pot and add the rice.
4. Flavour with salt.
5. Pour in the water.
6. Press RICE and press START on the Philips Pressure Cooker with the vent pointing towards the middle which is for pressure cooking.
7. When the rice is cooked in 14 minutes, make a crater in the middle of the rice and break the egg in the middle.
8. Close back the lid and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
9. After 5 minutes, pour olive oil over the rice and stir the ingredients together. Serve.
This goes hand in hand with Chicken Tandoori (recipe coming soon!). Recipe credit to Chef Marina Mustafa and Philips Malaysia.
The Philips Pressure Cooker and Philips Airfryer are available at RM649 and RM999 respectively at the Philips Brand Store at Publika Shopping Gallery, major electrical and departmental stores and on www.blipmy.com. For further information, please visit http://philips.com.my or visit https://www.facebook.com/PhilipsHomeLiving.my.