|Abbott World Major Marathon Exhibition|
|Coloured and numbered for efficiency.|
|Found my number!|
|Tokyo Marathon Route!|
|Spot my wish?|
This year, main sponsor Asics really upped their game with wide colourful series of Tokyo Marathon event shirts and merchandises. Sizes were flying off the racks for the shirts and the locals being small in size obviously went for the XS and S. Luckily I was fat and had the option of M or L to choose from. I later heard that those sizes were sold out as well towards the evening.
Asics also offered a free special service for runners where they can set up an account with them online, submit their targeted time and/or pace and have it printed out as a wristband to wear during the marathon.
Asics also had a limited edition running shoe for the event but it was too narrow for my fat bunion-residing feet. I actually breathed a sigh of relief when it didn't fit because the price of 18,000yen (almost RM800) was way beyond my budget. Also, I found the same shoes being sold in Kuala Lumpur for RM649.
|Asics why you so narrow and expensive!|
|Never mind, I buy Brooks|
|Hm, next run perhaps?|
1. Go for the expo on the first two days to avoid the crowds and to get the best goodies.
2. Don't keep away the marathon bag given with the bib. You can get more freebies with that.
3. Take your time to go through the booths. There are plenty of free stuff.
4. Join in on the activities and photo taking sessions at the booths.
5. Bring a lot of money.
6. For those running in a cold country for the first time, you can buy your running gloves, ponchos and buff at the expo.
7. Not everything is cheap at the expo. Think with your head, not with your feet.
8. Eat before going in. It'll be a while before you get to the food stalls outside the marathon expo.
9. Bring a big backpack or a roller bag for your race kit, goodies, freebies and souvenirs.
10. Enjoy yourself! Soak in the Japanese hospitality and efficiency at the expo and take your time.
|Spoils of war.|
Day 1 - Flying with ANA
Day 1 (part 2) - Checked into Shiba Inu AirBnB
Day 2 (part 1) - Things to do in Shinjuku and Odaiba
Day 2 (part 2) - Race Kit Collection and Expo